On a GPS
Put in 54.3246024,-2.7475806
By Car- From M6 Motorway
Travelling by car?
- Exit the M6 motorway at junction 36 signposted Kendal. Head for exit for Kendal/Barrow and A590.
- Continue on A590 which leads onto A591. The exit for Kendal is the second exit on the dual carriage way signposted Kendal south and A6.
- When travelling on the A6 into Kendal, keep going straight until you reach Kendal’s confusing one way system.
- The hostel is located 0.3 miles on your left from the start of the one way system.
Need to park?
- The Brewery Arts Centre is located just behind the hostel which has a pay and display car park. The turning for the car park is located just on the left before you reach the hostel and there is cinema listings screens by the turning as well as a sign just before.
- The Car park costs £1.20 per hour, £7 for 24 hours or an overnight rate of £1.20 from 6.00pm to 9.00am. Other car parks are available close by with similar costings. There is also a secure locked car park available in the town centre.
- Free parking is available on the New Road, next to the river. We do advise that if parking here, you park your car facing the main road which allows easy access when leaving at busy times. This car park is around a 7 min walk from/to the hostel.
Coming by bus?
- Only 0.5 miles / 10 mins walk from the bus station
- When you have exited the bus head south on Blackhall Road/A6 towards Stramongate. Turn right on to Stramongate and continue onto Finkle Street (in the town centre).
- At the band stand at the end of Finkle Street (just outside of Greggs) turn left onto Highgate and the hostel is situated around 500m on the right hand side in front of the Brewery Arts Centre.
Coming by train?
From Kendal train station;
- 0.7 mils / 15 mins walk
- Leave Kendal train station and walk toward the round about on the main road.
- At the round about, go straight ahead down Wildmans street. Wildmans street continues onto Stramongate and onto finkle Street.
- At the top of finkle street where the band stand is (and Greggs) turn left on to Highgate and the hostel is situated around 500m on the right hand side in front of the Brewery Arts Centre.
From Oxenholme station;
- 2.0 miles / 40 mins walk
- Leave Oxenholme train station and walk along the B6254 towards Kendal. Carry onto Oxenholme Road until you reach the junction. At the Junction keep going straight onto Burton Road/A65.
- At the round about take the 3rd exit onto Lound Road. Carry on past the fuel station and the K Village and go over the bridge onto Kendal’s one way system. The hostel is situated 0.3 miles on the left hand side.